Saturday, May 1, 2010

Windows 7 - Windows Boot Manager

Had a problem where each time I would switch on or restart my Windows 7 PC it would ask which Operating System I wanted to use. Luckily there was a 30 second count down on the default option, which so happened to be the one I wanted "Windows 7" (by the way the other options was "Windows Setup"!).

Spent a while trying to figure out how to rectify this so it would just boot straight into windows and finally cracked it. It was simple!

Click the start icon in the bottom left. What is that called now? The windows blob? Anyway, once clicked type "msconfig". When you start typing it will automatically enter the text in the old run command area.

Click the "Boot" tab. My solution was to delete the "Windows Setup" option, although I wouldn't want you to delete the wrong one, so be careful! To be safe, just reduce the Timeout to 1 second.

No comments:

Post a Comment