Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Attended a Webinar on How Businesses are using Cloud

I attended an interesting Webinar presented by Simon Elisha earlier.

I've posted some of the general highlights on Twitter @SamiCox, although I think the webinar should have really been titled "How Businesses can use Amazon Web Services as their Cloud Solution", but still there was some general information about what to look for in a cloud solution and I was pleased to have attended.

One question I would have liked to pose (but they ran out of time) was about migrating cloud services between providers, although I expect the answer would be yes between specific platforms for complete images otherwise import/export procedures, but would have been interesting to hear the answer from an Amazon Web Services point of view.

I'm on the look out for more online and preferably offline technology talks/presentations/seminars around Sydney, so please let me know if you hear of any.

Thought I'd post the tweets for the non-twiter-ers among you!


  1. How Businesses are using Cloud: Thank you Simon.
  2. How Businesses are using Cloud: Risk: Your cloud data is partitioned so that it is completely separate. Further security could be encryption
  3. How Businesses are using Cloud: Security: Just because something is kept in the cloud, doesn't mean that everyone can access it.
  4. How Businesses using Cloud: Cloud service providers for eCommerce insist on PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) certified
  5. How Businesses are using Cloud: Amazon Web Services, flexible in every aspect of scalability and option to be location specific.
  6. Attending presentation on "How Businesses are using Cloud" with speaker Simon Elisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment