Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the Power of Positive thinking

Another good read from Lifehacker. I read about some studies ages ago using placebos performed in the 1940s on potentially terminally ill people that resulted in success. Basically more of the people with a positive outlook or 'told they were going to be fine' survived. Not the nicest of studies, but I do believe that if you have a positive mental attitude, you have a far better chance of positive outcomes.

Another way of looking at it is that if you're negative and think that bad things happen to you all the time and are always going to happen to you, they will! We'll they won't, but you will be able to justify that they have! You'll dwell on the negative at every opportunity just so that you can say you were right and like you thought, 'bad things constantly happen to you'.

Sadly, as positive as I was in Las Vegas, I think I still came out losing money, BUT I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've left Las Vegas down and I did have one day where I COULD NOT LOSE!

Be actively positive guys, it works. Please send cheques and postal orders to my home address... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment